Rush Sailing Club, 1st November 2020
***In line with the latest COVID-19 restrictions, the 2020 Lambay Rowing Challenge will now take place on Sunday 1st November 2020. The event is fully sold out. Register your interest now for Early Bird entry to the 2021 Lambay Challenge – email firstname.lastname@example.org***
Please visit our Facebook page for the latest news and updates regarding the Lambay Challenge 2020 and COVID-19.
Push yourself and your crew to your limits on the Lambay Rowing Challenge 2020. A demanding 19km open-sea row circumnavigating Lambay Island off the coast of North County Dublin.
The 2020 Lambay Challenge will follow best practice and government guidelines around COVID-19 to ensure a safe environment for all our competitors.
Join us for an open water rowing experience unlike any other. This is a challenging, thrilling row on Ireland’s gorgeous east coat.
Now in it’s third year, the Lambay Challenge is an all-inclusive row. It is open to traditional wooden working boats, currachs, skiffs, singles, gigs and longboats. From eight boats in the first year, our 2019 event was fully sold out months in advance with over 30 boats starting on the day. Crews from around Dublin and Ireland were joined by visiting boats from the US, UK, Netherlands and Denmark.
Lambay Challenge 2020
- Given the extraordinary circumstances we find ourselves in, this year’s challenge will be limited to 12 boats only.
- To ensure we can welcome a range of participants, entries will be limited to a maximum of two boats per club. We ask all clubs to respect this limit in the interests of fair play and goodwill.
- Guidelines around spectator numbers and other attendees, both on and off the water, will be published closer to the day in line with public health guidelines.
- Given the current climate, we will sadly be unable to host a family fun day and BBQ as part of this year’s challenge.
- Never fear, our famous Lambay Raffle will still go ahead and tickets are now on sale here.
Given the limited spaces available, we are anticipating high demand. If you want to take part, we encourage you to register your boat and crew as soon as possible. Single boats are accepted but experience is essential.
More details information regarding the line-up for the day and the safety protocols will be made available to all participants in advance.
Not for the faint of heart, the Lambay Challenge is at the heart of Fingal Rowing Club’s annual calendar of events. We look forward to seeing you on the water!